Vibration is a state of being, the atmosphere, or the energetic quality of a person, place, thought, or thing. These are based on past experiences & the emotional responses to them, along with your current mood, the moods of people around you & how you see yourself/them. These vibes stick around & start affecting the space & atmosphere around you. Slowly, as these vibrations start settling in, you start attracting the vibration you're at. For eg., if you've spent your whole life believing you have untrustworthy relationships, the people who come into your life will cheat, lie or hurt you. Similarly, if you have a higher or more positive attitude towards them, the relationships your encounter will be more loving & trustworthy. Much of reading “vibes” is intuitive—you can tell a person’s energy when they walk into a room, for example. While some people draw you closer, others make you want to keep your distance. You see a depressing and violent news story, you get a heavy feeling in your gut whereas watching a cute puppy or a hilarious video might make you happy. We've listed below a few tried & tested tips & tricks to easily raise your vibration so that you can always be balanced & invite more blessings & positivity into your life.
1. Meditation: Yes, we know. Meditation is "tough" but it simply means coming inwards & trusting that you can find complete joy, happiness, and love within yourself. It involves navigating through your thoughts, actively clearing negative energy & the chaos that often ensues in our minds. We can bring ourselves into a greater state of flow & a higher vibration through meditation, as it allows us to let go of so much that no longer serves us. Take 10-15 minutes to sit with yourself. Focus on your breath, let it be your anchor as your mind wanders through. Simply observe your thoughts & imagine them vanishing like clouds instead of holding onto a negative thought. You can use guided meditation to focus a little more easily.
2. Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is an ancient method of healing that uses scents to activate or alleviate emotions via essential oils to promote health and wellbeing. Certain scents cause people to experience different emotions, because of their influence on the brain. Use uplifting scents such as lemon, orange, lavender, rosemary, rose to name a few, to raise our vibration. To take it up a notch, an intention roll or a candle (you can buy ours here) that come with an intention of raising positivity are potent in raising your vibes. Simply roll it on like a perfume & go through your day.
3. Movement: Simply moving your body has immediate benefits, as well as long-term effects on your physical & mental health. Movement promotes the release of neurochemicals like endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine that help boost your mood and help you relax, while reducing the activity of hormones like adrenalin and cortisol, which promote feelings of anxiety and tension. This directly relates to bringing your body into a higher vibrational state! It also helps you spiritually ground yourself, allowing excess energy to exit your body & leaving room for more positivity.
4. Maintain a daily routine: When we have a daily routine, with simple rituals and practises we love, we can look forward to moments in our day. Whether that’s getting up early to journal and enjoy a cup of coffee, going for a walk midday, disconnecting an hour before bed; having these rituals in place can help us to stay grounded. This doesn’t mean you can’t have variety in your life; recognizing that some rituals are going to serve you in one season of your life and not another is very important. However, when you can incorporate small practises you love into your daily life, while still allowing for flow and flexibility.
5. Balanced Diet: When I’m feeling low energy-wise, I love to reflect on what I’ve been consuming lately. Nutrition and hydration are so important in creating flow in your life. When you’re eating processed foods, you’re more likely to feel heavy, bloated, and tired (very low vibe)! And when you’re not drinking enough water your body doesn’t have the energy it needs to function properly. On the other hand, when you’re eating whole, plant-based foods, and focusing on adequate water intake, you feel light and energetic in your body. While this is necessary, adding something you love, such as cake, pizza or a delicious burger, in moderation, is an instant happiness boost! It's alright to indulge ONCE in a while & treat yourself to something you like.
6. Affirmations: Often when we’re feeling lower vibrationally, it’s because we feel a lack in some sense in our life. Affirmations are simple “I am” statements, that allow us to step into a more positive energy; to become clear on all of the amazing qualities we have, and to get a feel for some of the qualities we want to embody.
Writing a statement as if it were already true, allows us to call this energy into our lives, lifting our vibrational state and allowing for more calm & clarity. You can also listen to some guided affirmations & simply repeat them.
7. Gratitude: Starting or ending your day with gratitude is a sure fire way of seeing your blessings. Not only does it raise your vibration, it also helps you call more in! You can download our gratitude journal here to help you keep track of all the wonderful blessings in your life.
8. Crystals: Crystals already carry a high vibe so using one or keeping one in your area or pocket, allows you to align yourself naturally with it. Invest in a pocket size clear quartz or a beautiful citrine to keep you happy as well as protected.
When you are vibrating at a higher level, you feel lighter, happier, and more at ease, whereas lower vibrations feel heavy, dark, and confused. Taking time to notice & shift your vibration allows us to operate at a balanced state. Let us know below what you do to raise your vibration in the comments below & what helps you!